5.30.2010

day two!

today dad and i went shopping for my dorm room so we killed two birds with one stone (shop + sightsee) and went to macy's! here's what i ended up with.

for those of you that have seen my room back at home, you know this is something i wouldn't normally have. but i thought it was so cute and when i saw that it was called "park avenue scottie" it sealed the deal.

then we went to k-mart (a little less glamorous) to get towels and kitchen stuff. boy am i thankful that my grocery store is less than a block from my dorm! carrying all those bags through the subway was quite a workout.

after all the sightseeing we did today my top three were:

1. washington square - it was so fun watching the kids swimming in the fountain and listening to the bands play on the sidewalk. oh, and my number one summer nyc mystery has been solved -- there IS, in fact, a patch of grass where everybody lays out for a tan.

please note: the awkward solo shot my dad insisted on taking, and how cool that you can see the empire state building straight through the arch?
2. eating lunch at the red lion - one of my dad's favorite restaurants in nyc (they have incredible salads!) which is right next to his favorite bar -- the back fence. i'm sure i'll be frequenting that a few times in his honor.

3. wall street and battery park - wall street was extremely quiet for some reason so it was nice just walking around and taking it in. battery bark on the other hand was quite the opposite...but it was fun sitting on a ledge looking over the water at the empire state building/ellis island (something i hope to visit this summer!)
we're off to dinner and the back fence. little sissy and mom get in tomorrow -- can't wait to show them around my neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment