5.24.2010

you've got mail

while some people (you're secretly my favorites) immediately recognized what the title of my blog was from others saw it simply as a sweet little saying. i must tell you that "the blog around the corner" is inspired -- if not, stolen -- directly from my favorite movie of all time you've got mail.


this adorable movie has been #1 in the anderson home since it came out. not a family gathering goes by that we don't drop a quote or two. some of our favorites include:

"this place is a tomb. im going to the nut shop where it's fun."

"patricia makes coffee NERVOUS."

"helloooo new jersey!"

"if i ever get out of here, i'm going to have my eyes lasered."

this movie always reminds me of my dad. he's a man's man but he loves his chick flicks and he's not ashamed. one time when he was in new york he went to all the spots where you've got mail was filmed. he went to riverside park where they find each other at the end and there was a golden retriever there just like brinkley in the movie. i love that story.

1 comment:

  1. "I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."

    excited :)

    ReplyDelete