6.20.2010

happy fathers day

to THE greatest dad in the world.
that bottom left picture was taken when i was 11 when i was leaving for camp :)

i know a ton of people say "my dad is the greatest" blah blah blah. but i actually believe that my dad is THE best dad in the entire world. he is hands down the wisest and most humble person i know...two things that dont normally sit hand-in-hand.

my dad is the most sacrificial person i know. he consistently puts aside his time for others. i had a friend last year who was going through a really hard time and whenever i called him to talk, or to ask if he could meet with my friend he would. he knew it was important to me and because of the time my dad spent with him, my friend is a new person.

my dad is a "cool dad". people always tell me how funny he is, and its not strange to have one of my guy friends come up to me and say "hey, i just had lunch with your dad!". he loves my friends and loves getting to know them. thanks for being a college station dad to so many of my friends, pop.

my dad understand when value can be gained in an experience or situation. my parents went out on a big limb letting me come to new york, but they understood the experience far outweighs the cost and for that i am so thankful. it has put a little bug in my ear not to waste my time here sitting in bed all day or going out every night -- but to really experience the city.

thanks for the little tiny things: father/daughter chi-o bowling, taking lana and i to corner bar for our first beers, playing guitar, loving the west wing, playing horseshoes with me at the farm, yelling for me when i first broke a minute on my 100 freestyle, and asking me if i went to church.

i love you!

thanks for everything daddy. i miss you so much today, and wish i could be with everybody back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment