6.24.2010

look, ma! no diet coke!

my first week alone here in the city i went through a 12-pack of diet coke in about five days. disgusting, i know, but looking back im going to blame it on subconscious insecurities of being without texas and all that comes with it for 2 months.

back in cs it is rare to see me walk into class without a large styrofoam fountain diet coke from the endearing man, Asit, at the shell station next to my house. that was the old me -- THIS is the new me. no diet coke! after glancing through a few pages of this book on my room mates shelf, i decided that diet coke was no longer for me. i always justified the fact that i was fine because it has no calories...wrong! mom, i officially give you the right to say "i told you so". the book literally says something like "and for those people who think that they're fine for drinking diet coke because it has no calories? its even worse for you!" blah blah blah and they go on and say that it can cause cancer, etc.

enter: $.99 unsweetened iced tea from dunkin donuts.
dunkin donuts really grosses me out, but the big 99¢ sign totally suckered me in. even though the book says anything caffeine is from the devil, tea is water-based (unlike diet coke) and i take my unsweeted. so, there! iced tea always reminds me of texas way more than diet coke. reminds me of mom, too!
america might, but texas sure doesnt so who knows what ill be carrying into class this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment