7.19.2010

big sissy's visit: day 1

big sis got into the big apple late, late wednesday night. i went outside to meet her and it was pouring rain so she wasnt able to see the sights as she crossed the bridge. i had my work cut out for me! since it was so late we stayed in my apartment chatting about how we hadnt really done anything like this since before she got married. that got me excited for our next few days together!

we woke up the next morning ready to hit the ground running. we walked around my neighborhood and i showed her some of my favorite spots...including brunch at Cowgirl. room 310's favorite!
(that picture on the right is a garden next to my apartment building. its attached to a precious catholic church and people always sit in there on their lunch break.)
(we stopped at the back fence to take a picture for my dad)

from brunch we poked around some more and headed to williamsburg for the mates of state concert! first, we got some sangria and mac and cheese at Blackbird Parlour and sat for about 3 hours. it was hot outside and we were wiped out. from there we went to Ella Cafe for dinner and sat again. then we went to Music Hall of Williamsburg and sat again waiting for Mates of State. but we had a circus freak and comedian opening for them so that was enjoyable.

MoS puts on such an incredible show. they are so in love! watching them on stage is like watching them in their living room. they chat, laugh, flirt and smile at each other the whole time. its precious to watch! they love their fans, too. some think their music is annoying, but if you see them live your life will never be the same.
that wasnt my first time to see them and it definitely wont be my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment