7.01.2010

what a day

after such a yummy day yesterday i woke up this morning with a terrible sinus infection, sore throat and tummy ache. setting that aside, i grabbed an apple and headed to work. the minute i sat down i knew it was going to be a long, yucky day. so yucky in fact, that after about 2 hours i asked to go home.

walking to the subway seemed like the longest journey of my life so i decided to shorten it by calling lana. what is it about that girl? she always knows exactly what to say. being sick always makes me want to be home and i started telling her about the mild panic inside me about being here for another 5 weeks.

im loving every minute of it. EVERY minute. i dont cry myself to sleep. and i dont even think about being home that often. but sometimes the little odd things about new york set me off and i get a little sad. like no ice in your glasses, my feet always being dirty, no chick fil a. when i stat thinking about those silly things i start missing big tex. always one with words, lana quickly encouraged me to look for the positive little things instead, which could make my 5 weeks left here that much sweeter. so on the subway ride home i typed a little list into my phone.

yummy jamba juice for lunch, ainsley and my funny text messages, facebook chats from buds at home, so you think you can dance, my favorite holiday is in 3 days, and i gave somebody directions (that's huge).

walking of the subway, thinking about all the little things in my day that were happy i started feeling a little better. then once my cell phone got service again it exploded with 20+ texts from my best buds/roomys. lana knows how to make people feel special :)

miss you kitty!
after a big nap back at my apartment im feeling a lot better. still planning on laying low tonight, but after getting some dinner and taking it down to the hudson and watching the big sail boats i think tomorrow is going to be much better.

(side note: ive noticed that my diet has consistently consisted of the same things for a while now: peanut butter, sushi, french fries and salad. cant get enough of em!)

No comments:

Post a Comment