7.01.2010

cuppy cakies

i have never, ever, ever like cake. i would almost venture to say i hated it. even when i was younger my mom would make massive cookie cakes or a big pan of brownies for my birthday. the icing creeped me out and after eating Tres Leches cake one time and having my plate covered in saucy, milky cake crumbs i knew cake just wasnt for me.

CUPCAKES on the other hand! no, actually ive never liked cupcakes either. but the thought of cupcakes. now thats what gets me right there! the thought of a little baby cake is so cute to me. and the way they look -- adorable!

so being in new york around all these cupcake stores, trucks (yes, there are cupcake TRUCKS here. one parked a block from my office...guilty), and stands i decided to finally just get over the Tres Leches disaster and try one when my Tejas friends were in. i waited until now because brit's pictures are hysterical.
i was still a little nervous about the cakey-ness of a cupcake. so i opted for the Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake -- covered in (my favorite) peanut butter cups, peanut butter chocolate chips, and with peanut butter frosting! what WOULDN'T taste good with all that? so basically i just ate the top of it with little bit of actual cake. when i saw the huge ball of icing in the center i knew it was time to toss it.

but seriously, best "cupcake" ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment