7.22.2010

west village love

did today make me realize how much im going to miss my 'hood, or what? kyra called me from the office as i was about to leave saying that we didnt have to go in until 3. what a sweet surprise! a free afternoon! since i had to meet kyra to give her something i decided to stay around west village.

i met her at Lifethyme, sat down with her for a bit and then went off to explore! oddly enough, i havent really gotten to know my neighborhood until these last 2 weeks or so, so i was excited. i really, really wanted to start reading The Screwtape Letters and found a coffee shop called Joe with a bit bench in the shade out front. i sat there for about an hour and then walked down Waverly to the puppy store that Liz had told me about a few nights before. it was called Le Petit Puppy and i was home to some of the cutest little doggies i had ever seen. it made me miss my Magpie :(

from there, I walked down Christopher and stopped in a paper/card store called Greenwich Letterpress. i have always been a huge sucker for greeting cards. ever since jr high i wanted to own a paper store. maybe if this whole marketing thing doesnt work out ill shoot for that.

i still hadnt bought anything souvenir-ish and when i saw a hand drawn picture of greenwich village in mint green (matches my room perfectly), i know i had to have it! i picked up a card or two to send my family - one of which was made by dudeandchick - an incredible stationary company from minnesota.
all of them are super clever and cute. too bad so sad you dont live in new york, but you can get them online here!

i went home, grabbed a bite to eat and headed to governors island to help set up for a cookout were having before the M.I.A. concert on saturday. unfortunately, i was 30 seconds late to the train so i had to wait until the next one, which made me .4 seconds late to the ferry (i could have taken a tiny leap, but they wouldnt let me) which led to me sitting on a bench for 45 minutes reading Screwtape and writing my newly purchased notes to my family. time well spent, i guess.

then it was off to governors island where kyra, clarence, marlina and i set up and assembled some A-frame swings. woo! here are some pics clarence took for us on the way back to the ferry :)
oh and clarence and i had matching American Apparel tshirts. great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment