7.21.2010

big sissy's visit: Jersey Boys

something about broadway shows make me cry. maybe its the grand-ness of it all, the music, the loudness, the fact that im in new york...i dont know. all i know is that ive cried in the four ive seen this summer. jersey boys was just so fun and cute! i had no idea who The Four Seasons were initially but i had definitely heard a few of their songs. "Big Girls Don't Cry", anyone? all of the songs reminded me of when big sis and emily threw a 50's themed birthday party when we lived together. our moms bought us all poodle skirts, we played 50s songs and had a dance party and our dads served us banana splits in bluebell paper hats.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Had to comment on this one. First I seriously always cry at Broadway shoes, similarly I can't put my finger on why but the unbelievable talent that exists on that stage is amazing and awe inspiring.
    Secondly, I definitely had a 50's themed birthday party growing up with the poodle skirts, bubble gum bubble blowing contest and plenty of 50's tunes.

    ReplyDelete