7.28.2010

things i cant do: skateboard

never in my life have i been good at things on a board. i learned to like the diving board pretty fast considering i was on swim team for 5 years, but wake boards, skateboards, skim boards, longboards and i have never gotten along. i trace this fact back to two events:

1. when we lived with the kiltz in Hockley they had a long driveway with a mild down-grade. i was probably six and decided that since i knew i couldnt stay on my feet, i would sit on it and steer by leaning left or right. i had my hands wrapped under the board and once i got going really fast my knuckles got stuck under the board and scrapped all the way down the hill. lots of blood.

2. in 8th grade i went out on the lake with a bunch of friends. i had only tubed before, never tried wakeboarding or kneeboarding and decided hey, the boy i like is here, i think im going to give it a shot. what better way to impress a boy in 8th grade than being athletic, right? not only was i the only person not to make it up on the board, but to this day i cannot get up on a wakeboard. thankfully (sort of?) my knees are really bad and my doctor wont let me do it anymore so i have an excuse in order not to embarrass myself.

all that to say. i was happy to find this video. not only because they arent doing any intimidating tricks, but they make skateboarding a little more fun and artsy. enjoy!

ps. the commentary is really lame-o

No comments:

Post a Comment